Monday, October 29, 2007

Sesame Balls

















Want to get a munch on something for tea? This is what you can do very easily at home.

Ingredients
Red bean paste (optional)
Raw sesame seeds
Glutinous rice flour
Sugar

Method
1. Add some sugar to the glutinous rice flour.
2. Add water and make into a dough.
3. Prepare some little balls with the dough.
4. Make a few balls with the red bean paste.
5. Wrap the red paste with the little dough.
6. Roll little balls onto a bowl of sesame seed to cover up the surface.
7. Deep fried the balls.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this "chen tui"?

October 31, 2007 at 6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll love to have some but I think they are a bit oily... Maybe I just dig the red bean paste lar! :P

November 1, 2007 at 2:17 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

thanks for sharing this recipe, i was craving jin dui since my friend told me of a gigantic one she ate in China. It was as big as her head apparently..O_o.

Nice blog, btw and thanks for adding me. I shall return the favor :)

November 4, 2007 at 7:36 AM  
Blogger Blur Mommy said...

Wah, looks very yummy! I've always wanted to do this but haven't got around to it yet. I'm too lazy to make the red bean paste. Here dun sell ready-made ones, :(

November 9, 2007 at 4:54 PM  
Blogger JPP Papa said...

HAHAA.. now I know you have another food blog. great :D

I would like to try this.. maybe ask wife to do it ;)

November 10, 2007 at 4:45 PM  
Blogger kiasumum said...

sebastian luv this... everytime when we go pasar malam or pasar he will ask me to buy

November 12, 2007 at 4:53 PM  
Blogger kiasumum said...

the red bean paste you DIY or bot from supermarket

November 12, 2007 at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home